The Standards for Excellence Institute Announces that the 2020 Licensed Consultant Training Program will Take Place in a Virtual Setting Over Five Days, Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020
The Standards for Excellence Institute continues to actively monitor the incidence of COVID-19 in our region and across the nation. As we reviewed and evaluated the current situation, it has become increasing clear that offering the Standards for Excellence Licensed Consultant program virtually is the best decision at this time to safeguard the health and safety of all involved in this program. This will be the first time ever offering of the Standards for Excellence Licensed Consultant program in an online setting and it will be expanded from a three-day in-person program to a five-day virtual experience, November 16-20, 2020.
Adding two days to the program will allow the Standards for Excellence Institute to offer the program in a way that is highly interactive and engaging, with shorter program days.
We understand that for many, the opportunity to participate in the program online will be welcome news. Others may wish to wait to participate in a traditional in-person offering (next in person offering of the Licensed Consultant program has been planned for Fall 2021).
In order to provide applicants to the Standards for Excellence Licensed Consultant Class of 2020 additional time to consider participation in this new format lasting over five days, we are extending our deadline for applicants until July 15, 2020.
If you have already submitted an application for the Licensed Consultant Class of 2020 and have questions or wish to withdraw your application for the virtual program, please notify the Standards for Excellence Institute of this decision by emailing Rachel Mygatt at email@example.com. For those who have submitted applications prior to July 7, 2020, we will assume that you wish to participate in the virtual offering unless you reach out to us by July 15, 2020.
This new format will allow the Standards for Excellence Institute to offer a special reduction in fees for the 2020 program. The fee to participate in the Standards for Excellence Licensed Consultant program will be $1250. Members of the Standards for Excellence Institute, Maryland Nonprofits, and partners will be granted a $150 discount off the regular fee for the 2020 for a total of $1100.
Fees for the program include, the five-day virtual training program for individuals accepted to the program, AND ALSO the following additional program benefits:
- Two-year license to provide Standards for Excellence consultation to organizations interested in incorporating the Standards for Excellence and/or applying for accreditation.
- Access to custom training tools for all Standards for Excellence signature programs including PowerPoint slides, curricula notes, and resource handouts.
- Listing on the Standards for Excellence Institute’s website, promoting your status as a National Licensed Consultant in all facets of Standards for Excellence code.
- All the benefits of membership in the Standards for Excellence Institute for a period of two years.
- Three full sets of the Standards for Excellence Educational Resource Packets, and 20 Standards for Excellence codebooks to utilize in your practice.
The application for scholarships for this program remains the same, August 7, 2020 and the link can be found here. Three scholarships covering 50% of the fees will be awarded for this year’s program.
Please contact Amy Coates Madsen, Director of the Standards for Excellence Institute, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rachel Mygatt, Program Manager, at email@example.com, with any questions.