Carol Hamilton is principal of Grace Social Sector Consulting, LLC. She helps nonprofits and associations become more strategic and innovative for greater mission impact by providing organization effectiveness consulting, meeting design and facilitation, and training to organizations. A strategic thinker, Carol has worked with teams and organizations to envision and frame their future strategic direction. Practical in her approach, she helps organizations think through who is key to creating their future, how to gather insights from these stakeholders, consider the big picture, imagine new possibilities, come to agreement on their future goals and create an initial action plan to get started.
- Facilitating strategic planning process for education nonprofit organization.
- Facilitated organization’s staff-board retreat to launch updating their strategic plan.
- Designed and delivered workshop training series on organizational sustainability and revenue generation for 50 + small nonprofit organizations. Project includes follow up coaching with participating organizational teams.
- Facilitated discovery process and board strategic planning retreat for small watershed group emerging from crisis. Coached board chair.
- Designed and facilitated 8-month new executive directors peer learning network, including monthly sessions and retreat. Topics included organizational culture, staff management, board development, strategic planning, mapping organizational impact, creating an organizational dashboard.
- Designed and facilitated meetings of large collaborative initiative that includes 50+ organizations. Designed and implemented assessment of collaboration and network strength.
With more than 20 years of experience in the nonprofit and association sectors, Carol facilitates sessions frequently on association leadership, strategy and innovation topics. She graduated from Swarthmore College and has her Masters in Organization Development from American University.