Kathleen (Katie) Prasser is a highly skilled executive level consultant specializing in strategic planning, change management, stakeholder engagement, and leader/team development.
Katie established her independent consulting practice in 2008 and serves as a trusted advisor, consultant, and facilitator to nonprofit, Federal and local government agencies, and small businesses throughout the U.S. Her unique perspective as a former nonprofit CEO, extensive experience in a broad range of industries, and her high-energy, innovative approach make her a highly sought-after consultant and advisor.
Katie’s consulting work focuses on helping leaders, teams and individuals make a difference in their organizations, communities and the world by helping them realize their full potential. To achieve this lofty goal, Katie helps clients ENVISION what can be, STRATEGIZE and develop plans to realize the vision, and implement practical and realistic solutions that produce sustainable ACHEIVEments.
Service offerings include:
- Strategic and Operational Planning – environmental analysis, organizational assessments, visioning, mission definition, stakeholder analysis, product/service definition, values definition, value proposition, goals/objective setting, performance measures, resource planning, board retreats
- Change Management – transformational change, organization culture, process improvement, stakeholder engagement, mergers and acquisition, restructuring, expansion/downsizing, organization design/redesign
- Stakeholder Engagement – stakeholder analysis, outreach, focus groups, surveys, events, partnerships
- Leadership and Team Development – assessment, coaching, training, team building
While equipped to help nonprofit boards and staff in all aspects of the Standards for Excellence®, Katie is uniquely qualified to provide support in the areas of:
- Mission, Strategy, and Evaluation
- Leadership: Board, Staff and Volunteers
Katie holds an undergraduate degree in applied Behavioral Psychology and a graduate degree in Management, is a Licensed Standards for Excellence® consultant, certified PROSCI Change Management Professional, and is qualified in the use of numerous assessment tools such as Myers-Briggs Type Instrument (MBTI), Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation (FIRO), Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI), and DiSC.
Katie is an active member of the Maryland Nonprofits Association, Board Source, Association of Change Management Professionals, National Association of Self Employed. She serves on the board of the Association of Change Management Professionals DC Chapter and contributes her time and expertise to support a variety of other nonprofit organizations.