Standards of Excellence Accreditation Helps Funders
Take the Guesswork Out of Supporting Nonprofits
As foundations and grantmakers, you have many nonprofits vying for your support.
- Decide where your investments will have the greatest impact.
- Be certain that grant applicants are operating in an upright, accountable, and ethical way.
- Ensure that each project you fund is successful, achieving the impacts proposed in the grant application.
Accreditation or recognition by the Standards for Excellence Institute takes the guesswork out of supporting nonprofits.
- Are better stewards of financial resources.
- Are more effective at achieving their missions through effectively led programs.
- Fulfill their legal and ethical fiduciary obligations with transparency.
- Develop resources truthfully, responsibly, and sustainably.
- Engage their communities.
Give With Confidence
Organizations that go through the accreditation process have been evaluated and reviewed by teams of nonprofit experts to ensure they live by the comprehensive Standards for Excellence code. The Standards for Excellence code has been thoroughly researched and its materials and guidelines are frequently updated.
Once a nonprofit is accredited, it earns the right to display the Standards for Excellence Seal.
The Standards for Excellence Seal demonstrates that the organization is in the best position to do the most good in the communities it serves. For example, you as a funder can be confident the nonprofit has appropriate internal controls in place, has a comprehensive advocacy policy, and has done all it can to avoid conflicts of interest.
When you see Standards for Excellence Seal, you can give with confidence.