Become A Licensed Consultant
The Standards for Excellence Institute continues to build a national network of qualified consultants licensed to provide training, consulting, and support on the Standards for Excellence: An Ethics and Accountability Code for the Nonprofit Sector. The Licensed Consultant Training is an exclusive professional development initiative that gives independent consultants the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to work with nonprofit organizations across the country interested in learning about, conducting self assessments, implementing change, and becoming accredited in the Standards for Excellence program.
Benefits of Becoming a Consultant
- License to provide Standards for Excellence consultation to organizations interested in incorporating the Standards for Excellence and/or applying for accreditation.
- Access to custom training tools for all Standards for Excellence signature programs including PowerPoint slides, curricula notes, and resource handouts.
- Listing on the Standards for Excellence Institute’s website, promoting your status as a National Licensed Consultant in all facets of Standards for Excellence code.
- All the benefits of membership in the Standards for Excellence Institute.
- Nonprofit professionals must submit an application and be accepted into the Licensed Consultant Training workshop (fees apply).
- Applicants accepted into the program must participate in a three-day seminar that covers topics such as the importance of self-regulation for the nonprofit sector, the specific content contained within the 67 guidelines of the Standards for Excellence code, and skills development to support program utilization in your practice.
- Two years after licensure is granted, Licensed Consultants must maintain an active status by paying an annual licensing fee.
- Active Licensed Consultants must commit to program reporting and evaluation requirements, and abide by all copyright, intellectual property, and derivative work restrictions of the Standards for Excellence Institute.