Become A Licensed Consultant
For ten years, the Standards for Excellence Institute has continued to build a national network of qualified consultants licensed to provide training, consulting, and support on the Standards for Excellence: An Ethics and Accountability Code for the Nonprofit Sector. The Licensed Consultant Training is an exclusive professional development initiative that gives independent consultants the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to work with nonprofit organizations across the country interested in learning about, conducting self assessments, implementing change, and becoming accredited in the Standards for Excellence program.
What Licensed Consultants Are Saying
“I chose to seek out a route I could take to assist [nonprofit] organizations in becoming the very best they could be, and helping them to provide quality services. This led me to the Standards for Excellence Institute where I received guidance and support in becoming a Licensed Consultant.”
“It is both the thought leadership provided by The Standards for Excellence Institute and the camaraderie forged among colleagues that made the Licensed Consultant program one of the best professional development experiences I have ever had.”
Standards for Excellence Institute leadership has taken decades of research and practice around nonprofit governance, management, and operations and makes it available for consultants to use in their work. I am thrilled to have these guiding principles and tools to use in my consulting practice.
Ten Years of Advancing Excellence Blog Series
The Millennials are characterized as confident goal-setters who believe in egalitarian leadership, want integrated work/life balance, and do all things using “mobile” as their preferred medium. But can we take the passion of the political and civic engagement of the millennial and make this, philanthropically speaking, our “greatest generation” ever? Standards for Excellence Licensed Consultant Jane Stein believes that we can.
Benefits of Becoming a Consultant
- License to provide Standards for Excellence consultation to organizations interested in incorporating the Standards for Excellence and/or applying for accreditation.
- Access to custom training tools for all Standards for Excellence signature programs including PowerPoint slides, curricula notes, and resource handouts.
- Listing on the Standards for Excellence Institute’s website, promoting your status as a National Licensed Consultant in all facets of Standards for Excellence code.
- All the benefits of membership in the Standards for Excellence Institute.
- Nonprofit professionals must submit an application and be accepted into the Licensed Consultant Training workshop (fees apply).
- Applicants accepted into the program must participate in a three-day seminar that covers topics such as the importance of self-regulation for the nonprofit sector, the specific content contained within the 67 guidelines of the Standards for Excellence code, and skills development to support program utilization in your practice.
- Two years after licensure is granted, Licensed Consultants must maintain an active status by paying an annual licensing fee.
- Active Licensed Consultants must commit to program reporting and evaluation requirements, and abide by all copyright, intellectual property, and derivative work restrictions of the Standards for Excellence Institute.