Applying – and sticking to – the best practices outlined in Standards for Excellence: An Ethics and Accountability Code for the Nonprofit Sector® will set your organization up for success and set it apart. Managing a nonprofit is no small feat: you’re under pressure to innovate and collaborate; you’re competing for funding, talented staff, and board members; and you’re mandated to be transparent and accountable. With best practices in place your organization will benefit from increased revenue, a strengthened board, and effective operations.
Realize these benefits at your organization by attending Bringing Best Practices Home: Standards for Excellence Implementation Workshop. The workshop will help you:
- Understand the key principles of the Standards for Excellence code and why they are important.
- Audit your organization’s infrastructure (i.e. complete a self-assessment) to gauge your areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
- Think through how to implement portions of the Standards via brief one-on-one consultations with our staff and consultants.
- Bolster the case for implementing best practices with your co-workers and board back “home” at the office.
- Focus by escaping from the demands of your normal workspace!
MOST IMPORTANT: At day’s end, you will have in hand a complete, short-term work plan addressing the areas you identified as necessary for growth.
Bringing Best Practices Home: Standards for Excellence Implementation Workshop can also be a spring board for organizations seeking recognition or accreditation from the Standards for Excellence Institute. Completion of this course and follow-through on the work plan will simplify the process and set you up for success!